Learning with Parents is a education charity. Founded in 2016, they empower families to have enjoyable learning experiences together. Their vision is to give every child the support at home to fulfil their academic potential. They currently work with more than 10,000 parents and 100 schools across the UK, with plans to expand their curriculum.
We're building the next version of their web app, to make the platform easier to use and accessible to a wider range of schools and families. At the moment we're building this in React for both desktop and mobile using the MaterialUI library.
We're looking for a designer to join us on this project. You'll be working in a small team under the guidance of a senior designer, helping us to build and expand our design system. This role leans more towards the UI side of things, but you'll also have the freedom to make suggestions and explore different solutions.
The work we're doing do would suit someone looking to practice their skills and gain experience working on a project with purpose. Our small team works flexibly and wears many hats, so we're hoping to find a designer who can do the same! We track our work using Monday.com and communicate regularly through daily stand-ups and design reviews.
What we'd expect from you
- You can work collaboratively and confidently with developers and other designers
- You have a good understanding of material design processes, and how to create accessible and intuitive interfaces
- You can work on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables, as well as more loosely defined requirements
- You can work independently and take ownership of your work
- You can manage your time effectively, prioritise your workload, and communicate your progress clearly
What we're looking for
- Proven experience in responsive web design
- Experience in taking work from an initial requirement to ready for developer handover
- Experience using Figma (or a similar design tool)
- Able to work fully remotely and has their own equipment
- Ability to build your own components in React is very desired but not necessary
What we can give you
- This project is for a charity that already has a direct and positive impact on educating children throughout the UK
- You'll gain experience for designing components built in React, working alongside a senior designer to build upon the current design system
- We already have a budget allocated for this project, and we're flexible around part or full time working
We're looking for someone to work with us on the Learning with Parents project, but there may be opportunities in the future to work on other projects with us too!
Apply for this role
Please use the Typeform below to submit an application. You'll be asked to provide the following information:
- Your email
- A link to your portfolio
Data disclaimer: We're only collecting these details for the purpose of reviewing and contacting you about the role. This information will be deleted from our systems after 30 days, and you can always contact us before then if you'd like us to discard your details.
We'll review your application and get in touch. We may ask you to complete a short design task, but it will be timeboxed and we'll pay you for your time. In the meantime, if you have any questions, send me an email at email@example.com or get in touch on LinkedIn.
Thanks and good luck! 👏